Quotations - Helen Keller

Quotations - Helen Keller (1880-1968)

Helen Keller (1880-1968) was quite possibly the most remarkable person ever to grace our planet. Left deaf and blind as a result of a childhood illness at the age of 19 months, Helen Keller nevertheless became an articulate spokesperson for the dignity of all individuals.


1. The million little things that drop into your hands The small opportunities each day brings He leaves us free to use or abuse And goes unchanging along His silent way.


2. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.


3. We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough.


4. I am only one; but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

5. The highest result of education is tolerance.

6. I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God.

7. Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain.

8. The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.


9. Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings.


10. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.

11. Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.


12. Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.




13. The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.

14. True happiness...is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.


15. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.


16. My friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges, and enabled me to walk serene and happy in the shadow cast by my deprivation.

17. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

18. Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: